Items Requiring Special Disposal:
· Pool chemicals
· Automobile batteries
· PVC pipe
· Explosives (ammunition, re-loading equipment, black powder, military ordinance, fireworks)
· Fuel containers, metal or plastic
· Pressurized gas cylinders/tanks (propane tanks, acetylene tanks, refrigerant containers)
· Containers of petroleum based liquids, solvents, chemicals, etc.
· Large household appliances (refrigerators, freezers, stoves, washers, dryers, etc.)
· Off-road, gas-powered equipment (lawn mowers, tractors, edgers, leaf blowers and other lawn equipment, chainsaws, 4-wheelers, etc.
· Lawn and garden supplies (fertilizers, pesticides, etc.)
· Radioactive waste
· Industrial/commercial hazardous waste
· Medical waste
· Electrical transformers
Any appliances that could potentially contain Freon or other chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) cannot be disposed of until they have been certified as being free of Freon or CFCs.
Disaster victims should never feel forced to make a hasty decision or to choose an unknown contractor. Start With Trust. For reliable information, lists of BBB Accredited Businesses by industry and BBB Business Reviews you can trust on local businesses, visit www.bbb.org.